Friday 15 January 2010

Red eye reduction on Nikon CoolPix S220?

I have a couple questions about the Nikon Coolpix S220. Can you turn the red eye reduction off but still use flash? Also, what's the delay like after clicking button? I'll be using the camera for my 7 month old daughter, so it's important that I'm able to catch her smiles and not miss them by several seconds. Thanks!
I'm not sure I was clear with the red eye part, I was wondering if a red light comes on when you take pictures. That freaks my daughter out pretty bad, so I get scared looking pictures.

the s220 will be released in february 2010.
The manual is available at [URL Truncated]
page 28 lists the flash modes.
They are:
auto, auto with red eye reduction, off, fill and slow sync. so if you set it to auto, it will not try to preflash to remove the red eyes.

I could not find any info on shutter lag but i suppose it's pretty zippy. The camera has a smile detection that will detect you daughter's smiles and take the picture at the right time (or so they claim)

Answer by ngufra on 05 Jan 2010 01:55:08
Best Answer

Awesome you are looking into a S220, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

The S220 does have a couple features for the flash. Including: Auto Flash(changes the density according the the light), Normal Flash, Red Eye (keeping flash on a low level), and Flash Off. Although depending on position it can still give you Red Eye with the Red Eye setting on.

The S220's speed is awesome. It is normally what sells it! It only has a 3x Optical zoom so the focus is fast and the shutter is pretty sensitive. The Digital develop is a bit slow so if you take the picture too soon you will have to wait.

I am not 100% sure but I think it has a smile mode, so when your daughter smiles it will automatically snap a picture! There are a bunch of cameras that have that but Sony has developed it the best so look into them if interested.

*****To add, I noticed someone said the S220 will be released in February of 2010, this is wrong the Camera is for sale at Best Buy (I recommend), Walmart, Target, and more retail stores.

Answer by kevin.fetterman on 05 Jan 2010 01:59:53

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment