Wednesday 13 January 2010

i lost my photos i think?

well, i went to upload photos from my camera. i always use a cable but this particular time i decided to use my memory card because my laptop has a memory card slot. so i inserted the memory card. i was halfway through viewing my photos when it said that it couldnt display them anymore. the thumbnails were gray instead of having the little image. i removed my card put it in my camera and everything was gone!
is it lost forever? oh then i put it back in my laptop and it there were folders but they were lots of numbers and letters and stuff and they wont open?
thanks if you can at least tell me what happen if anyone knows how to fix this i will love you forever! thankyou

I'm not sure, could you be more specific?

Answer by JUAN on 07 Jan 2010 04:24:00

1) DO NOTHING ELSE WITH THE CARD.
2) Go to [URL Truncated]
3) Download the program and install it - it's free.
4) Pop the card into a slot but cancel any automatic options if a window pops up.
5) Run recuva and point it to the location of your card if you need to.

6) Wait.

If recuva can't do it, you're probably out of luck. If it ever happens again, remove the card immediately and don't mess with until you've had a chance to run a recovery program.

Edit: I might hold you to the 'love you forever' bit ;) and expect chocolates on my birthdays...

Answer by Mick on 07 Jan 2010 06:34:17
Best Answer

First of all, do not save any new file to camer's memory card.

Take out memory card, and connect it to computer using a card reader. You should see memory card shown as a drive letter (like H:) in Windows Explorer.

Download recover software asoftech photo recovery. Install and open asoftech photo recovery, select the memory card, and click 'Start' button.
[URL Truncated]

Answer by Jack on 07 Jan 2010 06:49:02

Stop using the memory card, any changes can degrade the chances of a successful outcome.
What kind of memory card are you having problems with? ( SD / CF / MSPD / ETC )
What camera are you using?
In regards to the display names of the folder - what had they been and what are they now?
I hate to speculate on what your issue is without knowing more. Your pictures may be recoverable. If they are important pictures seek assistance to ensure the best chances of getting your pictures back.
Happy to provide assistance if needed ;)

Answer by Christopher on 08 Jan 2010 01:46:35

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment