Friday 15 January 2010

I was messing around on my new camera and I was under menu and pressed format now all my pictures are gone?

Does anyone know how to get my pics back?! All my christmas pics of my kids and everything I feel sick to my stomach I put the SD in my computer and NO files And WHAT is format anyways?

Format means clean the drive and prepare it for new pics. You basically flushed your SD Card of all data

Answer by I-Like-Chicha&Ceviche on 02 Jan 2010 05:21:29

Format wipes all data from the medium. You could buy a data recovery program to see if anything survived. If you don't know what something means, as you now know, don't select it. Of course you could have looked it up online.

Answer by Glenn on 02 Jan 2010 05:23:12

Take the card out and don't use it. Get a new one to replace it. Go online and search for photo recovery software. Some programs will let you download and try to see if it works; then you have to buy it to save the photos. Do not overwrite the formatted card with new photos until you've tried to recover the lost ones.

Answer by Judi L on 02 Jan 2010 05:27:09

Format prepares the disk for new files. It lays down the tracks so to speak. To do that, everything in the disk must go.

You got what you intended to do, right? Mess around with your camera?

Try to search for unformat utilities in the internet. Some will require a fee and some are free. It may work, it may not, or it may make your condition worse like destroy the SD card. Proceed at your own risk.

Answer by keerok on 02 Jan 2010 08:36:52
Best Answer

Everyone else is right. Now you know the disadvantage of playing with the buttons without reading the manual.

Answer by water_skipper on 05 Jan 2010 03:39:19

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment